Children’s Book Week starts tomorrow and runs through May 17th. There are many ways to celebrate books this week with your students. Here are a few of them-be creative!!
- Host a book character day. The students dress up as their favorite book characters and show off their costumes in a school wide book parade!!
- Decorate each classroom door as a different book cover. Pick a book that you’ve read as a read aloud this school year!
- Read books off of the Children’s Choice book list
- Hold a book drive and donate books from the students to a local homeless shelter
- Swap books-have each student bring in a book from home and swap with a classmate to get a new read!
- Check out the official Book Week Website for more ideas and listings of local events.
- 100th Day of School Activities
- Great Resource: I Love That Teaching Idea
- Read It: D is for Dancing Dragon
- Where the Wild Things Are Week
- Great Back to School Reads