Confessions of a homeschooler.com shares this free printable for your aspiring writer. They are brightly colored with a summer theme to inspire your writer to jot down their thoughts , dreams and activities. My 5 year old is obsessed with writing at the moment, she has written her birthday guest list out 100 times (it’s not till September). I will be tapping into more journaling and writing ideas as I explore activities for her to try out.
Here are some of their ideas to get your child writing.
- What is your favorite summer thing to do and why?
- What is your favorite summer food and why?
- If you could cook your favorite meal, what would you cook? Describe how you would make and serve your meal.
- Write about your home and why you like it there.
- Go on a walk, then journal about your walk or what you encountered.
- What is your favorite outdoor game to play?
- Write about a new planet you’ve traveled to. What did you find there? Describe the environment.
- Think of a business you can start. Tell what you would name it, what the business is, how you would run it, etc.