In honor of our special giveaway and review of the game Synonyms and to coincide with St. Patricks day, I have come up with a Limeric for the occasion…
I was given a game to review,
It is called Synonyms and its new.
It is really a blast
Kids will learn their words fast,
So lets give one away just for you!
When I opened the packaging of the game Synonyms,I first noticed the amazing quality of the game. Every card in the game has a coating on it that makes them durable and allows the game to be played numerous times without any sign of wear. The directions are clear as day which with many games can make it or break it for me.
We sat down to play the game, and I immediately knew that I needed to practice quick word recall (which seemingly has disappeared since I was in school). My husband, however, had an easier time coming up with synonymous words and quickly jumped ahead of me in the game. This game definitely will stretch the minds of childrens AND adults, and I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this game for a family night with children ages 10 and up.
If there are any teachers out there interested, this would be a great activity that you could even play with your entire classroom, as they have rules and directions for team playing. The back of the cards give so many suggestions as to words that are acceptable, but even then, we were coming up with words on our own and had to ‘judge’ each other to see if they would count.
So lets get down to the rules of how you can win this game!
1) Leave one comment answering the following question…
How would you use this game in your family or classroom setting?
2) ‘Like’ this post on Facebook for another entry, but leave it as a separate comment stating that you did so.
3) Twitter about this post, and that will count for another entry. Again, you will have to leave another comment stating you did so.
4) Leave your full email address in each comment so I can contact you if you win.
5) I will use random.org to pick one comment from the comments section.
6) This giveaway will close one March 11, 2011 at 11:59pm EST. I will announce the winner as an update in this post, in an additional post, and I will also contact you by email. If I don’t hear back from you in 2 days, I will pick another random comment.
This game really is exciting and educational at the same time (and that’s not just the teacher in me saying that)!
Since this giveaway has a St. Patty’s day flare, I’ll say Good Luck!
UPDATE! We have a winner! Comment No. 74 is the lucky winner chosen at random from Random.Org
“I would use this game with my grandkids; they love playing word games.”
Congratulations Evelene! Enjoy the game with your grandkids!