My son is really excited about the alphabet. He points out letters on signs as we drive and finds letter shapes in every day objects. I want to take advantage of his new-found obsession, so I’ve been searching for fun ABC projects to reinforce his knowledge.
One of my goals is to create an alphabet book with him and I’ve found a plethora of ways to do it thanks to talented and creative people who are willing to share their ideas!
- Molly from Momformation posted a tutorial for making mini-books, perfect for adding letter pages!
- Let’s Explore shows us fabulous photo alphabet books compiled in photo albums-she’s also made books for learning numbers and colors-BRILLIANT!!
- Here’s a detailed lesson plan on alphabet books.
- I love Sandy’s idea of putting the child decorated letters together in a binder to make a book that the child can be proud of! Add page protectors for a little more durability.
Have you seen any great homemade alphabet book ideas or made one yourself? I’d love to see them!!
- DIY Magnetic Alphabet
- Kids Homemade Magazine
- Felt Alphabet Soup
- Homeschool Share
- Kids’ Christmas Tree Craft by Numbers